You know what they say...necessity is the mother of invention. I woke up this morning (a Monday) just needing a clean re-set. My weekend wasn't crazy, but there may have been some bubble tea, some chocolates, and a few extra glasses of wine at some point.
I threw together this combination of detoxifying and nourishing ingredients only to find.....what the....ittastesjustlikecarrotcake. YES. Starting this week off RIGHT, people.
Prep time: 5 min / Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 cup (240ml) thin coconut milk (i.e. from a carton) - avoid gums like carrageenan. May sub a clean almond or hazelnut milk
- 1/8 cup (30ml) collagen hydrosylate protein powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) almond butter
- 1 tsp (5ml) chia seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp (7ml) fresh, raw ginger (adjust to taste)
- Rounded 1/8 tsp (1ml) ground cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients well.
- Garnish as desired and enjoy!
1 serving = 344 calories, 15g fat, 14g protein, 43g carbs, 10g fiber (33 net carbs)
*Note: this page contains affiliate links