Maybe it's just me but sometimes in the fall I get a little "pumpkined" out (not a word?) This smoothie seems 'fall' to me but with a twist.
Also, sorry if I'm a smoothie snob but I hate when I see recipes that are all-carb/fruit, or that have sketch ingredients like protein powder and artificial sweeteners. This one has it all - protein, fat, fiber, and carbs...and no junk. A full ancestral meal in a flash. Ok, #offsoapbox
Oh, and my two little boys love this. Enjoy!
Banana Bread Smoothie
Hands-On time: 5 minutes / Total time: 5 minutes / Yield: 1 serving
- 1 medium ripe banana, frozen
- 1/3 cup full-fat, plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp walnut pieces
- 1 Tbsp real, pure honey
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Cold water, as needed for texture
1. Break banana in half and blend all ingredients except water.
2. Add water as needed to finish blending and to reach desired texture.
3. Pour in glass and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.